- Join us on Facebook!
- Meet Harry
- Please rate our course!
- 1.0 Topic Overview
- 1.1 What is single and double entry accounting?
- 1.2 What are assets and liabilities?
- 1.3 The ALCIE Acronym
- 1.4 The Accrual Concept
- 1.5 The Consistency Concept
- 1.6 The Going Concern Concept
- 1.7 The Prudence Concept
- Cheat Sheet (Basic Concepts)
- 2.0 Topic Overview
- 2.1 What is a Profit and Loss Report?
- 2.2 What goes into a Profit & Loss
- 2.3 What looks normal? And what to do if it doesn't?
- Cheat Sheet (Profit & Loss)
- Profit and Loss Month End Checklist
- 3.0 Topic Overview
- 3.1 What is a Balance Sheet?
- 3.2 What does it tell me?
- 3.3 What looks normal? And what to do if it doesn't?
- Cheat Sheet (Balance Sheet)
- Checklist (Balance Sheet)
- 4.0 Topic Overview
- 4.1 An introduction to Debits and Credits
- 4.2 Profit & Loss / Balance Sheet: The connection
- 4.3 'T' Accounts
- 4.4 Debits and Credits in the Profit and Loss
- 4.5 Debits and Credits in the Balance Sheet
- 4.6 How does this help me in business?
- Cheat Sheet (Debits and Credits)
- 5.0 Topic Overview
- 5.1 What is a Chart of Accounts?
- 5.2 Setting up your Chart of Accounts
- 5.3 Powerful Profit & Loss Reporting for Sales
- 5.4 Powerful Profit & Loss Reporting for Costs
- 5.5 Beautiful Balance Sheet Reporting
- 5.6 (Bonus) Powerful Profit & Loss Reporting in Xero
- Cheat Sheet (Set up)
- Cheat Sheet (P&L Sales)
- Cheat Sheet (P&L Costs)
- Cheat Sheet (Balance Sheet)
- 6.0 Topic Overview
- 6.1 What are your Ledgers?
- 7.0 Topic Overview
- 7.1 Sales and Purchases Explained
- 7.2 Posting your Sales
- 7.3 Posting your Purchases
- Sales Invoice Checklist - trader IS NOT registered for VAT
- Sales Invoice Checklist - trader IS registered for VAT
- Sales Invoicing Procedure
- Different Types of Sales Documents - Crib Sheet
- Purchase Invoicing Procedure
- Different Types of Purchase Documents - Crib Sheet
- The hidden cost of not collecting proper VAT purchase invoices or receipts
- 8.0 Topic Overview
- 8.1 Nominals Explained
- 8.2 What transactions go here?
- 8.3 Posting your Nominals (Direct Posting)
- 8.4 Posting your Nominals (Loans)
- 8.5 Posting your Nominals (Directors)
- Procedure (Nominals)
- 9.0 Topic Overview
- 9.1 Cash Explained
- 9.2 What transactions go here?
- 9.3 Posting your Cash
- Procedure (Cash)
- 10.0 Topic Overview
- 10.1 Meaningful Postings
- 10.2 Codes to watch out for
- 10.3 Confusing codes: What do they mean?
- 11.0 Topic Overview
- 11.1 What is an Accrual?
- 11.2 When are they used?
- 11.3 Accruing a cost
- 11.4 Checking your Accruals
- 11.5 Why do we use Accruals?
- Accruals Checklist
- 12.0 Topic Overview
- 12.1 What is a Prepayment?
- 12.2 When are they used?
- 12.3 Prepaying a cost
- 12.4 Checking your Prepayments
- 12.5 Why do we use Prepayments?
- Prepayments Checklist
- 13.0 Topic Overview
- 13.1 What is Deferred Income?
- 13.2 When are they used?
- 13.3 Deferring Income
- 13.4 Checking your Deferrals
- 13.5 Why do we use Deferrals?
- Deferred Income Checklist
- 14.0 Topic Overview
- 14.1 The differences between them
- 15.0 Topic Overview
- 15.1 What makes accounts meaningful?
- 15.2 Receivables and Payables
- 15.3 Sense checks
- 15.4 Accruals and Provisions
- Management Accounts Checklist